Business & Economics
- © Vilnius University, 2002-2008
- © Brno University of Technology, 2002-2008
- © University of Latvia, 2002-2008
From Sustainable Finance to Ethical Banking
ABSTRACT. The aim of this paper is to show:
- The limits of the concept of sustainable development when applied to the financial sector.
- The emergence of a new concept which is different from just sustainable finance: ethical banking
- A typology of the different kinds of banks will thus be given, showing in each case their main characteristics.
From theory to practice, this paper will finally show that the different nature of banks proposed in the typology is reflected in their respective balance sheets.
KEYWORDS: typology of banks, ethics, sustainable development, socially responsible investment.
JEL classification: E51, G21, G32.